Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
This position will act as the analyst and data manager for a R01
grant from the National Institute of Minority Health and Health
Disparities that uses complex systems methods (agent-based
modeling, group model building) to examine racial/ethnic
disparities in diet.
- Implement statistical analysis plans including small area
estimation, survival analyses, multilevel and longitudinal
- Assist in acquisition of data from government agencies and
other sources, including data cleaning and checking data quality as
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation for data cleaning,
linkage, storage, and analyses of study data.
- Aid in preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for
- Assist students, postdoctoral fellows, and other trainees with
various data and analytic aspects.
- A Master's Degree in Statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or
related quantitative field is required.
- At least 2 years of experience working with public health
survey and/or social survey (e.g., Census Bureau) datasets
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Very detail oriented, extremely organized, and comfortable with
- Possess excellent oral, written, analytical, organizational,
and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced data compilation and data management skills.
- Team oriented and experienced working with diverse groups of
investigators, trainees, and students.
- Knowledge of SAS, Stata, and/or R, working knowledge or ability
to quickly learn other statistical programs as needed.
- Experience with complex analyses including cross sectional and
longitudinal social, health, and dietary survey data; experience
with spatial analyses (particularly related to the food environment
and urban transport) is desirable.
- Experience drafting methods and results sections for
manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Jan 10 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Feb 10 2022 Eastern Standard Time