Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
Dr. Alex Ezeh is seeking a Project Manager to oversee and manage
his lab’s research activities. Dr. Ezeh’s lab is focused on
investing in and utilizing local capacity in Africa to address the
continent’s rapid population growth and urbanization challenges,
and the concomitant effects they have on the health and well-being
of Africans. Strategies to meet the increasing demands on health
systems in Africa, due in part to population growth, are being
developed amidst calls to decolonize global health and development.
As such, there is a critical need for investments in Africa’s
capacities to ensure that solutions are guided by contextually
relevant Africa-led research and expertise.
Detail-oriented, organized, personable individual is needed to
oversee and manage ongoing initiative to develop models for
strengthening research institutions in Africa and other population
and health research programs.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Project Manager
will be responsible for:
• Grantsmanship activities including contributing to grant and
evaluation proposals at the federal and local level;
• Coordinating with Community Health & Prevention department
staff to ensure timely submission of grant proposals and
• Managing the implementation of projects;
• Documenting and reporting on key agreements and processes;
• Participating in consultations with key stakeholders;
• Synthesizing various inputs and using these to advance common
• Authoring, coordinating, and managing relevant project contracts
• Overseeing budget and purchasing related to projects;
• Developing and authoring of relevant blogs, abstracts, and
• Working with project team to develop new initiatives to advance
the team’s work;
• Composing Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols;
• Managing project datasets; and
• Planning & developing consultation and training
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, Public Health,
or Management, with a focus in higher education or research systems
- A PhD or Masters’ Degree in a related discipline may be
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a fast-paced team with
increasing responsibility for managing engagement with external
stakeholders is required.
- Strong writing, speaking, presenting, training and group
- Proficiency using computer software programs including Windows
Operating System, MS Office, Adobe, and project management and data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
- Excellent project management and time management skills are
- The successful applicant will also have outstanding
interpersonal skills, especially for working with senior government
officials, development partners, and senior leadership in academic
and research institutions.
- The successful applicant should also have a good understanding
of the research process and able to manage multiple competing
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Strong preference for candidates who have spent at least 2
years living/working overseas.
- Experience coordinating research or research capacity
strengthening programs or working with senior policy makers is a
- Familiarity with organizational design strategies and global
health research is a plus.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data analyses
software is a plus.
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Nov 30 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Dec 30 2021 Eastern Standard Time