Haverford College invites applications to our available full time,
exempt, benefit eligible Peoplesoft Application Lead.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the PeopleSoft
Application Lead will provide administrative system and service
support for our Peoplesoft Campus Solutions applications to members
of the Haverford College Community. The PeopleSoft Application Lead
is a business analyst/developer who helps design and program
enhancements, build integrations and reports, and respond to user
requests, regarding the use of and issues with PeopleSoft Campus
Application Lead will work collaboratively with counterparts from
Bryn Mawr College (who hosts our Peoplesoft Applications and shares
our Peoplesoft instance) as needed. They will identify system
discrepancies, research problems and develop solutions; work with
IT and Client staff to prepare functional and technical
specifications for interfaces, conversions, and enhancements to
Peoplesoft Campus Solutions; conduct application testing; develop
queries and reports; provide customer support to the Community;
work on PeopleSoft customizations as necessary. The PeopleSoft
Application Lead may also participate in or provide leadership for
regularly scheduled or limited scope projects as assigned, which
may include working with outside consultants.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop PeopleSoft objects in support of PeopleSoft Campus
- Provide software support (troubleshooting and break fixes) to
administrative users of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and related
- Work with users to define data usage and reporting needs
- Create specifications, documenting enhancement or reporting
- Work with Director of Enterprise Systems to prioritize new
- Evaluate service requests related to PeopleSoft for
reasonableness, effort required and alternative options.
- Create reports and programs using SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query,
and PeopleTools development tools.
- Provide support to functional users and data specialists in
creating and debugging their PeopleSoft queries.
- Identify and create resources (tables, documentation, programs)
to increase productivity of end users.
- Research, plan and specify technical solutions to newly
identified client business needs, as assigned.
- Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in
- Create process and technical documentation.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Line of Report: The Peoplesoft Application Lead reports to the
Director of Enterprise Systems. There are no positions that report
to the Peoplesoft Application Lead.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field.
Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of the
tools and techniques for this position are also recognized.
- Three to Five years of related professional experience.
- Technical proficiency in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
Proficiency with SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, and PeopleTools
- Ability to perform analysis and programming tasks both
individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, client contact, reading,
writing and spoken English skills.
- Client service and Problem-solving approach to client work is
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience in compliance with applicable laws, best practices
and policy principles related to FERPA, Fair Use and intellectual
Special Requirements :
- Covid-19 Vaccination:All faculty and staff (including
contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of
vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted
as an accommodation or otherwise.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Never
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or
outward away from body):Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with
legs bent at knees):Six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while
resting knees on ground):Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift,
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes,
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
To Apply : Interested applicants are invited to submit an
application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and
contact information of three (3) references as a single Word
document or pdf, by visiting
. The application deadline is January 3, 2022. Failure to provide
the required documents may result in lack of consideration.
Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice,
and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status,
disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender
individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with
other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented
identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College
and our consortial partners are located on Lenape land.