Social Work Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool
School of Social Work
Full Time or Part Time?
Part - Time
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
The School of Social Work at Northern Kentucky University is
seeking to create a database of potential part-time instructors
qualified to teach courses at both the Master and Bachelor social
work programs. Applicants should be qualified to teach courses that
are primarily online.
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING .
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART -
TIME FACULTY .
Adjunct faculty work under the leadership of BSW and MSW full-time
faculty. Courses are designed by full-time faculty according to
Council on Social Work Education ( CSWE ) policies and standards.
Adjunct faculty assist full-time faculty in presenting the course
All adjuncts complete all program and university mandatory online
instruction orientation(s) and training(s) regardless of previous
online instruction experience or training. Candidates should have a
computer preferably manufactured in the past three years, web
camera, and high-speed internet connection. Additionally, candidate
computers should have Windows 98 or better/ Mac OSX 10.4 or higher,
Sound card, and MS Office 2004 or higher, or some other word
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course
contract either fully online or hybrid model through NKU’s learning
2) Complete mandatory training for online instruction.
3) Teaching the assigned class in accordance with syllabus,
learning objectives, and session plans.
4) Provide online meeting times for students as detailed in the
5) Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions, or exams
6) Administer evaluations of student performance based on course
deliverables and course rubrics.
7) Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress
8) Be available for student consultation
9) Managing the MyNKU online grading system.
All applicants must have a minimum of a master’s degree in social
work. An MSW and at least two years social work experience is
required to teach practice courses.
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
Prior teaching experience in a graduate or undergraduate program or
corporate training, particularly to adult students
Prior experience teaching online
Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
A complete application will include the following elements:
- A cover letter that describes how well the applicant satisfies
the required and preferred qualifications listed above and how the
applicant will specifically contribute to the success of the social
- Three professional references
- Evidence of requests of official graduate transcripts
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go
through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
- Provide official transcripts to NKU Provost office
- Complete any mandatory Online Faculty Orientation course(s)
For additional information about the position or application
process, please contact Dr. Linda Ault, Interim Director of the
School of Social Work by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Melanie Hall
at 859 572-5604.
For more information about the School of Social Work programs,
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Masters degree in Social Work?
- * Do you have collegiate or high school classroom teaching
- * In which social work practice area and course content are you
qualified to teach?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial graduate transcripts