Social Work Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool
- Northern Kentucky University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 30, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Social Work & Human Services, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology, Geography, Other Social & Behavioral Sciences, Sociology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Social Work Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool
School of Social Work
Full Time or Part Time?
Part - Time
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The School of Social Work at Northern Kentucky University is seeking to create a database of potential part-time instructors qualified to teach courses at both the Master and Bachelor social work programs. Applicants should be qualified to teach courses that are primarily online.
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING . THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART - TIME FACULTY .
Adjunct faculty work under the leadership of BSW and MSW full-time faculty. Courses are designed by full-time faculty according to Council on Social Work Education ( CSWE ) policies and standards. Adjunct faculty assist full-time faculty in presenting the course content assigned.
All adjuncts complete all program and university mandatory online instruction orientation(s) and training(s) regardless of previous online instruction experience or training. Candidates should have a computer preferably manufactured in the past three years, web camera, and high-speed internet connection. Additionally, candidate computers should have Windows 98 or better/ Mac OSX 10.4 or higher, Sound card, and MS Office 2004 or higher, or some other word processor.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract either fully online or hybrid model through NKU’s learning platform.
2) Complete mandatory training for online instruction.
3) Teaching the assigned class in accordance with syllabus, learning objectives, and session plans.
4) Provide online meeting times for students as detailed in the course syllabus.
5) Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, or exams
6) Administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics.
7) Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress
8) Be available for student consultation
9) Managing the MyNKU online grading system.
All applicants must have a minimum of a master’s degree in social work. An MSW and at least two years social work experience is required to teach practice courses.
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
Prior teaching experience in a graduate or undergraduate program or corporate training, particularly to adult students
Prior experience teaching online
Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
A complete application will include the following elements:
- A cover letter that describes how well the applicant satisfies the required and preferred qualifications listed above and how the applicant will specifically contribute to the success of the social work program
- Three professional references
- Evidence of requests of official graduate transcripts
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law
- Provide official transcripts to NKU Provost office
- Complete any mandatory Online Faculty Orientation course(s)
For additional information about the position or application process, please contact Dr. Linda Ault, Interim Director of the School of Social Work by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Melanie Hall at 859 572-5604.
For more information about the School of Social Work programs, please see: https://nku.edu/academics/chhs/programs/schools/socialwork.html.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Masters degree in Social Work?
- * Do you have collegiate or high school classroom teaching
- * In which social work practice area and course content are you
qualified to teach?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert