St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis,
in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles
Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve
a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to
increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help
prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates
will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time
Financial Aid Officer/Veteran Services providing
financial aid and VA educational benefit assistance to members
of the various branches of military service, veterans and their
dependents through close adherence to stated policies, procedures
and regulations of the Department of Veteran Affairs, federal/state
government, and SCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as School Certifying Official (SCO) with all incumbent
responsibilities for certifying student eligibility for Veteran
education benefits and maintaining compliance with all federal,
state, and veteran services regulations.
- Participates in an annual audit of all VA records.
- Verifies that Satisfactory Academic Progress standards are met
for program participants at the end of each semester.
- Processes various internal VA reports, submits updates to
enrollment certifications and grades. Resolves problems regarding
eligibility and payment of VA benefits.
- Coordinate monthly and yearly events as well as assists with
Veteran clubs and organizations
- Monitors student eligibility for these programs, posts awards
to students accounts. Corresponds with student recipients and
- Monitors program budgets.
- Works closely with the business office regarding student
- Updates literature and applications for these programs and
participates in an annual audit of all VA records.
- Develop and maintain the Financial Aid Policies and Procedures
- Assist in advising students receiving federal and state
- Assists with other Financial Aid Programs as
- Bachelor's degree, or
- One to two years of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Colleague experience.
- One- Two years knowledge of Veteran Education Benefit
- Data entry skills or 10-key
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.