St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis,
in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles
Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve
a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to
increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help
prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates
will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time
Police Officer. This position is accountable
to Public Safety/Campus Police Supervisors/ and is responsible
for the law enforcement, safety and security of all persons and
property at the College as well as the protection of campus assets,
staff, faculty, students, and visitors. This position performs the
duties of a Campus Police Officer and normal supervisory functions
in the absence of Public Safety/Campus Police Supervisors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties
may be assigned.
- Provide law enforcement and security services to the College
- Enforce all state and local laws and Board policies of the
- Monitor buildings, parking lots, and all campus grounds.
- Monitor fire and burglar alarms and video equipment.
- Lock and unlock buildings.
- Respond to all emergencies; provide emergency first aid and
operate an AED as needed.
- Assist in the adherence of College Safety and Emergency
Response Preparedness Plans and in the training of employees
regarding the Safety and Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Provide safe escorts for students, faculty, and staff to their
vehicles and assistance as requested.
- Handle lost and found items.
- Provide jump starts and assist with vehicle lockouts.
- Direct traffic and maintain crowd control.
- Maintain logs and information to prepare reports as required
and work closely with the local police.
- Writes and completes incidents reports utilizing the DPS record
system of all law enforcement encounters (emergency and non
emergency incidents) of known safety and security violations or
- Answer and dispatch emergency calls for service and keeps
record of calls received and officers dispatched.
- Issue SCC Student, Faculty and Staff ID cards, parking permits,
and maintain records for driving and parking violations.
- Maintain DPS equipment and vehicles as directed.
- Monitor and supervise officers in the absence of
the public safety/campus police supervisors.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- POST certified with a Class A police officer licensed by the
Missouri Department of Public Safety
- One year or more of relevant full-time experience as a law
- College Public Safety or Police experience with multi-building
site is preferred.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.