Software Applications Developer IV
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The general purpose of this position is to provide technical
leadership, oversee the deployment and delivery of software and
services, conduct research, perform computer programming and
advanced development of software applications in Unmanned Aircraft
Systems. The primary duties of the job includes software design,
development, and maintenance, report documentation preparation of
methods and procedures, research presentations, assist in research
proposal preparation, and software development supervision.
Participates in mentoring, training, and developing of
Research and Development
- Serves as the lead technical liaison to clients, vendors, and
upper management, develops specifications based on input from
- Establishes standards and processes used to review, program,
and analyze software documentation and production results to
facilitate problem resolution of applications.
- Provides technical oversight for the testing of applications
and establishes testing standards and procedures to make technical
recommendations to upper management.
- Provides technical guidance for data architecture
- Identify project or system hardware and software
- Provide Quality Assurance on all products.
- Work with Executive Director or Program Manager to determine
base scope and requirements of project.
- Work with personnel to determine tasks needed to perform
- Documentation of work.
- Assist in the preparation, presenting and writing of technical
- Supervise one or more students assisting in software
- Research, document and/or train team members in best practices
for software development.
- Assist with educating and training student
- Collaborate with project teams and communicate with sponsors
and software/hardware vendors.
- Technical Support for Lone Star UAS/Staff and products as
necessary to define, research and solve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Eight (8) years of software applications developer
- Additional education may be used as a substitution for the
minimum experience requirement:
o Bachelors degree and eight (8) years of experience.
o Masters degree and six (6) years of experience.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of development alternatives, identifying complex
problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
options and implement solutions, troubleshooting various
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Development experience including design, development, testing
and debugging of web applications.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, C#, ASP.Net Core, MVC, HTML/CSS,
- Knowledge of security and performance considerations for web
- Knowledge of IT architecture, application of systems theory,
advanced negotiation skills, enterprise-level operations,
multi-team leadership and coordination, advanced project
management, advanced vendor relations, advanced business acumen,
and change management.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Software-Applications-Developer-IV_R-044500