Director of Marketing Automation
District Office at 1145 W. Wilson
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
The Marketing and Communications Department (MarCom) is responsible
for the strategic planning and execution of internal and external
programs that promote CCC's mission, programs, and special events.
MarCom is an in-house creative center offering solutions to all
marketing and communication needs, working with offices and
departments across the district to tell CCC’s story to a wide range
of audiences, both internal and external. The department’s mission
is to preserve and strengthen the reputation and brand of City
Colleges of Chicago through a variety of communication mediums
including print, digital, video, and social.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Digital Strategy, the
Director - Marketing Automation plays a key role in the delivery of
student and partner communication journeys designed to maximize
engagement, applications, and enrollment across CCC, to include
journey design and configuration, audience segmentation and data
management and reporting.
The Director - Marketing Automation supports district-wide digital
marketing and lead generation initiatives. Collaborates on cross
functional teams across CCC to understand goals and requirements of
marketing initiatives, and design and deliver scalable, measurable
campaigns within Pardot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud platforms.
Supports key external and internal digital marketing efforts that
drive enrollment and retention. Performs related duties as
This role will be eligible to work from home after your first 30
days of employment at CCC. The salary range for this position is
$85,000 - $100,000 (based on education and experience).
- Leads end-to-end execution of district-wide email campaigns and
- Builds, monitors, and optimizes campaign delivery, efficiencies
and performance based on established goals.
- Supports client requests across the district and colleges that
align with district-wide goals.
- Sets up, analyzes and adjusts email journey using A/B testing
and predictive analytic tools.
- Executes and contributes to lead nurturing and lead scoring
strategies; identifies tactics for continual improvement.
- Manages and maintains the quality of marketing prospect
database (segmentation, list acquisitions, bulk loads)
- Collaborates with MARCOM and college enrollment leads across
CCC to provide day-to-day marketing campaign support for Marketing
- Provides campaign reporting and data analysis that can be
replicated and scalable by enrollment leads.
- Collaborates with content and design teams to build, manage and
optimize Salesforce Marketing Cloud landing pages and assets.
- Supports the CCC digital touch-point strategy and plans an
on-going digital marketing calendar.
- Participates in the development and implementation of
marketing, recruitment, and branding campaigns and message
strategies that contribute to an overall inbound marketing
- Continually learn, research, and recommend marketing automation
and email best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media, computer systems
or related field.
- Associate degree and/or relevant certifications (Salesforce,
Marketing Cloud, or comparable) will be considered.
- Possess a deep understanding of how advertising, landing pages
and conversion rate optimization work together
- Knowledge of SEO and paid search
- Detailed knowledge and experience driving inbound marketing
through digital marketing lead generation strategies and
- Experience working with Google Analytics and pulling analytics
from various marketing platforms (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce and
- Experience with marketing funnel and knowledge in lead process
- Previous Experience with CRM systems and ERPs (i.e. Salesforce
Marketing Cloud or Pardot)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible team worker
- Knowledge and expertise with HTML and CSS optimized for email
- Keen eye and aptitude for trouble shooting with solutions led
- Knowledgeable of email and texting best practices and
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and support multiple
projects at the same time
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
We offer: excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!