The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is
welcoming applications for an Operations Sofware Engineer II to
join our team! The Operations Software team supports satellite
operations by developing and maintaining command and control, data
processing, and planning and scheduling software used by scientists
and mission operations personnel.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP is a world-renowned space science research institute at the
University of Colorado Boulder. CU receives more NASA funding than
any public university in the country, due in large part to LASP
programs. Professional engineers work closely with scientists and
assembly technicians in designing and building space flight
hardware while helping mentor students as entry-level engineers
working on these programs. LASP is particularly proud of a work
environment that supports employee creativity and productivity and
offers opportunities for diverse experiences and a broad range of
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Primary job duties include developing software for in-house
applications used by our flight operations team, which includes
command & control, planning & scheduling, network
automation, telemetry processing, and data handling tools.
- The work entails software configuration, testing, debugging,
and deployment tasks as assigned.
- You will be responsible for following established software
processes and compliance standards to maintain the high reliability
of the software systems.
- In addition, you will work with other software engineers,
systems engineers, scientists, and mission operations personnel to
support the software throughout mission lifecycles, including
instrument development and on-orbit satellite operations.
What We Can Offer
- Due to US Export Control restrictions, only US Citizens and
Permanent Residents may apply.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
The salary range for this position is $74,000.00 - $103,000.00. We
offer a generous retirement plan that includes 200% matching for
the first 5% contributed with immediate vesting. Relocation
assistance is available per institute guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be adaptable. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or related
What We Would Like You To Have
- Motivation to learn new languages and methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing
- Strong problem solving skills and collaborative attitude.
- 2+ years experience in software development.
- One or more of the following language proficiencies: Python,
C/C++, Java, Bash.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with Command and Control or Planning and Scheduling
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux terminal based environments.
- Interest in Aerospace or space science.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly
describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific
interest in this position.
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified
by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an
approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the
United States, please submit a translated version as an optional
Position will remain posted until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: