JOB SUMMARY :
Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution
and a member of the University System of Maryland is accepting
applications for a full-time Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, for
the Department of Psychology, Counseling and Behavioral Health.
Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban residential historically black
university ( HBCU ), serving students enrolled in day, evening,
weekend, and online courses. Undergraduate majors available include
Applied Psychological Services, with/without a Concentration in
Alcohol and Substance Abuse, and Rehabilitation Services, both
leading to a B.S. Degree. The Department offers graduate level
degree programs in Addiction Counseling (M.S.) and Rehabilitation
Counseling (M.Ed.). This full-time faculty position is a ten-month
position that includes teaching, advising and academic committee
membership responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have
experience in teaching Addiction Counseling.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- An established record of teaching experience
- A commitment to the retention progression and graduation of the
- Research experience with the goal of further developing an
active research and publication agenda.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Provide service on Departmental, College and University-Wide
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D, Ed.D, etc.) in Counselor Education
from a CACREP accredited program OR hold a doctoral degree in a
related field (i.e., Counseling Psychology).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- If the doctorate degree was not received from a CACREP
accredited program, candidate must have been employed as a
full-time faculty member in a counselor education program
(preferably with CACREP accreditation) for a minimum of four full
academic years before July 1, 2013. Candidates should have
experience teaching courses in the area of Addiction Counseling,
along with clinical experience in Addiction/Behavioral Health
Position Detail Information
- Demonstrate a record of effectiveness in graduate level
teaching and potential for scholarly research.
- A commitment to social justice and multicultural competence is
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin
State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are
accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit
any/all documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu.