Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates
for the position of Assistant Professor
The Psychology Department invites applications for a full-time
tenure track position at the assistant professor level starting
August 2022. Area of specialization is open, but the
candidate must have applied or diversity related teaching and
research interests in areas such as (but not limited to) social,
organizational behavior, or clinical.
SUNY Buffalo State expects faculty to be productive in the
areas of teaching, scholarship, and service. Candidates are
expected to have a commitment to undergraduate education and
research and to the development of an active research program in
their area of interest. Candidates must be prepared and
qualified to teach courses in their area of interest as well as
departmental core courses, such as research methods and
statistics. Preference will be given to candidates with a
record of prior college teaching experience and an established
program of research.
- Ph.D. in Psychology on or before August 31, 2022.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education
Undergraduate teaching experience in applied areas of
Psychology, such as (but not limited to) social, organizational
behavior, or clinical.
- Qualified to teach departmental core courses.
- Evidence of prior scholarly activities.
- Demonstration of excellence in higher education
- Experience with mentoring students.
- Experience with student assessment.
- Evidence of securing grant funding.
- Evidence of prior community and/or college service.
Qualified applicants may apply online at: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/5759
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual