POSITION: Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Counselor
Education, Department of Education
• Full responsibility for teaching 12 credits per semester of
graduate level courses in the Counseling Program (Clinical Mental
Health; Marriage, Couples, and Family; & School Counseling
tracks). Predominately online, accelerated seven-week terms (2
courses per term).
• Advise graduate counseling students.
• Provide an on-campus presence to meet with and to serve students,
and to work with colleagues in the department and across campus to
fulfill service roles.
• Support counseling program in development and execution of
in-person and online counseling courses, program evaluation, and
• Provide supervision to students at practicum and internship site
• Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working
relationships with student site placements and site
• Pursue a research agenda through various scholarly
• Develop and maintain visibility in the state, region, and nation
through participation and involvement in professional
organizations/conferences and other scholarly activities.
• Serve on university committees.
• Advise student organization.
• Provide service to the department.
• Perform other departmental duties as assigned by the department
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Earned doctorate in Counselor Education, or closely related
field, by August 1, 2022.
• University level teaching experience.
• Experience providing direct services with clients as a
professional counselor, school counselor, or related field.
• Licensed as a professional counselor in the state of WI (or WI
license eligible) and a commitment to maintaining professional
• Demonstrated experience working with any of the diverse
identities and experiences (cultural, heritage, racial, ethnic,
gender, religious, socioeconomic, varying abilities, etc.)
representing our campus community.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• At least one year of graduate level teaching experience within
the last five years.
• University level online synchronous, asynchronous, and/or hybrid
teaching experience within the last five years.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to continued professional
development in best practices in teaching and learning within the
last five years.
• A demonstrated active research agenda.
• A commitment to service demonstrated through involvement with
professional organizations and professional development within the
last five years.
SALARY: UWS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents. Learn
Faculty Benefit Summary 2021
August 29, 2022
For additional information about UW-Superior, visit
For additional information about this position, contact search
support Michelle Androsky at email@example.com
Review of all complete applications will commence at 8:00am on
Monday, January 3, 2022 and will continue until the position is
filled. Once an application is received, your user profile
information remains in UW-Superior’s Talent Management System for
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
a. Letter of application addressing qualifications and duties of
b. Curriculum Vitae
c. Names and contact information for only three (3) professional
d. Unofficial transcripts of all degrees earned
e. One-page statement of your teaching and counseling