HVAC Engineer 1st and 2nd Shifts
Internal Position Title
HVAC Engineer Pool
College of Lake County
is seeking experienced 1st and 2nd
Shift HVAC Engineers
! Under the supervision of the Supervising
HVAC Engineer or designee, our engineers service all mechanical
systems; inspect equipment; assist in emergency repairs and
implement the preventive maintenance on all equipment at the
college to include food service equipment such as refrigerators,
freezers, steam tables, and kitchen exhaust fans.
CLC offers a competitive salary
, excellent benefits
that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health,
Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition
for employees and qualified family members, three
, group and supplemental
insurance, health and dependent care flexible
account plans, a four-day work week in the summer
(Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and
13 paid holidays
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15
on the Forbes list of Top 100
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• A minimum of two years’ experience with HVAC systems and
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on a
frequent basis, and over 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, and
maneuver in tight places (in and around machinery), with or without
• Ability to work on lifts or ladders, with or without reasonable
• Frequent bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and
continuous sitting, walking and standing.
• Ability to read and interpret technical manuals pertaining to
facilities and equipment installed and serviced.
• Effective communication skills.
• Practical and demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to effectively handle working on multiple projects
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Graduate of an accredited HVAC certificate program
• Universal Refrigerant Certification preferred.
• Prior work experience with commercial HVAC systems.
• Valid Stationary Engineer License.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
There are 1st, and 2nd shift positions available.
Total Hours per week
1st, 2nd, Shift Available
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1) Services all mechanical systems, which includes all cooling,
heating boilers, chillers, controls and ventilation systems.
2) Inspects equipment to ensure it is functioning properly.
3) Services food service equipment such as refrigerators, freezers,
steam tables, and kitchen exhaust fans.
4) Assists in emergency and major repairs.
5) Assists in monitoring building automation system and
troubleshooting in problem areas.
6) Provides leadership and assistance to the maintenance
7) Implements preventive maintenance on all equipment.
8) Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards
customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all
we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier
9) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and
standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting
performance management system objectives and career goals.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned by the HVAC
Supervisor or designee.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least two years' experience with HVAC systems
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving
- * Are you able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on
a regular basis, and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, and maneuver
in tight places (in and around machinery), with or without
- * Are you a graduate of an accredited HVAC certificate program?
- * Do you have Universal Refrigerant Certification?
- * Do you have prior work experience with commercial HVAC
- * Do you have a Stationary Engineer License?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document