Manages the administrative, financial, budgetary, and human
resources operations of a large and very complex university
department. Oversees the administration and operations of a number
of research grants, service centers and institutes for the
- Manages and oversees the department's financial accounting
system which includes all cost centers for federal grants and
- Reviews and approves the reconciliation of accounting records.
Prepares financial and budget reports to monitor financial
- Ensures compliance with all UH internal audit requirements, UH
Office of Contracts and Grants policies and procedures, and the
State of Texas policies and federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for all administrative and financial affairs of the
department including personnel, procurement, travel documentation,
accounts payable and receivable and general accounting-related
- Provides supervision of departmental staff and includes
defining job duties, setting performance development plans and
goals, conducting annual performance reviews and assisting with the
implementation of organizational and operational decisions.
Enforces safety compliance rules and regulations.
- Serves as liaison for the chair, faculty and staff with other
university departments and offices.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings to provide information and
training, promote professional effectiveness, and to review current
practices and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of