Sign language interpreters will act as communication mediums in
multiple settings such as classes, scheduled appointments and
special events throughout the University.
- Provides sign language interpreting for higher education
classes, university appointments, and special events.
- Reports all class changes and relevant student information to
the Interpreting Services Coordinator.
- Adheres to the RID-NAD Code of Professional Conduct.
- May assist students in the interaction and communication with
other students and staff.
- May attend department meetings and conferences to endure
adherence to university policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Associates and 1 year experience
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation
of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific
education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical
field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic
knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associates degree
or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program is
required. Requires a minimum of one (1) years of directly related
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Department is willing to do education in lieu of experience.