Community College of Philadelphia
The Assistant Basketball Coach provides assistance in the execution
of a competitive athletic basketball program. This position assists
the Head Coach in the recruitment and development of student
athletes; and the implementation of activities related to the
athletic program in accordance with College policy and governing
rules and regulations.
• Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment of
• Assist in the coordination of the tryout and selection process of
prospective student athletes.
• Provide assistance in scheduling practices, and pre-season and
• Assist the Head Coach in completing the team roster.
• Assist the equipment manager in the distribution and collection
of team uniforms and equipment.
• Assist in the coordination of fitness center demonstrations and
off-season training for all team members.
• Assist the Head Coach in activities related to the physical
conditioning of players to achieve maximum athletic
• Assist in the execution of game strategies as directed by the
• Provide assistance in maintaining team records and
• Assist in the coordination of athletic recognition
• Attend meetings as directed by the Head Coach and Director of
• Maintain compliance with all policies, procedures, rules, and
regulations that govern the College.
• Ensure compliance with all EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA rules and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
• At least, one year of experience in coaching varsity-level
• Knowledge of NJCAA/NAIA/NCAA rules and regulations as they
pertain to student athletes.
• Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit athletic talent is
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a
diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and
staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a
recognized institutional accreditor.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All College employees must be fully vaccinated, or have an
approved exemption from the College and submit to regular COVID
testing as an accommodation.
Applications for this position will be selected on a seasonal basis
and based on the staffing needs of the department. All qualified
applications will remain active through November 2022. If you are
selected for an interview with one of the hiring managers, you will
be contacted at that time. If at any point you decide that you no
longer wish to be considered, please contact the HR department at
firstname.lastname@example.org to have your application withdrawn.
Interested persons should complete an online application
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED
Names and contact information of 3 professional references
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community
College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity, and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages
applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented
Salary Grade or Rank
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Administrator - Temp
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least one year of experience in coaching
- * Do you have knowledge of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA rules and
regulations as they pertain to student athletes?
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application