Associate Director of Admission for Communications &
Target Hire Date
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Associate Director for Marketing & Communications is
responsible for developing the strategy that drives the enrollment
and branding goals for Undergraduate Admission at Emerson College,
in collaboration with the Sr. Assistant Director of
Admission/Communication Coordinator. This person leads the
development, tracking and measurement of integrated marketing
activities to gauge the current performance of marketing
initiatives and inform future planning within admissions.
Strategies must drive and support the department by increasing
market awareness and contributing to the overall success of
enrollment. The Marketing Manager collaborates closely with the Sr.
Assistant Director of Admission/Communication Coordinator, Office
of Institutional Marketing, Enrollment Data & Technology, and
faculty to meet goals for assigned projects.
Social Media Assistance:
- Assess needs and edits all marketing materials
- Develop new marketing materials in accordance with established
- Collaborate with the Office of Marketing to ensure on-time
delivery of needed materials throughout the year.
- Oversee digital marketing budget and spending allocations by
channel and analyze campaign effectiveness
- Edit and approve all social media content published by Sr.
Assistant Director/Communication Coordinator.
- Work with Sr. Assistant Director/Communication Coordinator to
ensure an accurate social media calendar is maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date analytics for all social media platforms
and any advertising initiatives.
- Collect, gather, aggregate and/or analyze materials submitted
by units and present the content in creative manners for various
channels of communication.
- Oversee content through idea, creation, and implementation
- Creates and delivers electronic graphics, still images, and
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of website revisions
- Audit website quarterly for accuracy of content for
- Design and manage dedicated landing pages connected to digital
marketing campaigns in conjunction with Office of Institutional
- Develops and implements communications plan and strategy, in
coordination with the Sr. Assistant Director/Communication
- Writes, edits and communicates across various
- Uses AP and APA style appropriately to create
- Performs other administrative and support duties as required in
support of the mission and communication strategy of the
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing,
communications, or business with minimum of 7 years of experience
in marketing required.
- Direct marketing experience, including experience with
developing marketing plans for enrollment marketing in an agency or
marketing-related field is preferred.
- Previous higher education or educational marketing experience
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of
- Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing
priorities within a fast-paced organization. Strong project
management skills and ability to manage stakeholder
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think and act both analytically and
- Must have strong writing skills and proven ability to edit and
- Experience working with a marketing automation tool (ie.
Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce, etc) and customer relationship
management system (ie. Slate Technolutions, PeopleSoft,
- Experience with content management systems such as Wordpress
- Experience managing social media platforms and social media
marketing tools such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Hootsuite
- Experience utilizing video editing software such as Adobe
Premier or Adobe Rush
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Spark, and/or
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $75,100.00 - $78,700.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Admission-for-Communications---Marketing_JR003162
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution
dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of
the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to
major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers.
The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands.
Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate
students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational
experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from
individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our
co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College
enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our
campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful
citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in
its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the
Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to
respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct
Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza,
Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone:
617-824-8999; email: email@example.com
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson
College commits to providing all current and prospective students
and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for
each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police
Information on Emerson College staff grade range