About the Authors Registry
The Authors Registry is a nonprofit clearinghouse that
distributes royalties to U.S. authors for foreign,
non-sales-related uses of their works, including library lending in
the Netherlands and university photocopying in the U.K. Since its
founding in 1995, the Authors Registry has distributed over
$40,000,000 to authors in the U.S.
The Authors Registry Operations Manager is
responsible for all daily operations of the Authors Registry, such
as processing registration forms, maintaining the Registry’s
database and QuickBooks account, processing royalty distributions,
overseeing the Registry’s financial transactions, and responding to
emails and phone calls, while also working on rotating long-term
projects, such as mailing large batches of payments and
invitations, contributing to database and infrastructure
development, and issuing 1099s.
- Receive, process, and distribute individual royalty payments
from multiple sources on a varying schedule.
- Register new applicants, oversee contractors to find contact
information for unregistered authors, find beneficiaries for
deceased authors as needed.
- Manage relationships with the royalty distribution
organizations we work with.
- Manage a database of payees as well as a separate QuickBooks
- Reconcile bank accounts statements in QuickBooks.
- Contribute to database and operations development.
- Respond to calls and emails as they are received.
- Prepare records for accountants to prepare taxes and review tax
filings, and issue 1099s to all payees.
- Prepare agendas for board meetings.
- Identify and raise any issues to Managing Director.
- Familiarity with database maintenance operations.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet programs.
- Familiarity with online banking practices.
- Comfort in using numbers and being attentive to small
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to problem-solve issues
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
The Operations Manager is expected to go into the NYC office
regularly to perform many of these responsibilities.
Please send resume and cover letter.