Under the coordination of the Division of Student Affairs and
supervised by the Senior Director of Student Affairs, the
Coordinator of Student Affairs is responsible for special projects
within the division that support students towards success. The
responsibilities of this position will ebb and flow as strategic
initiatives and priorities emerge and shift within the university
and division. Mount Mary University serves an undergraduate
population with over 60% of students identifying from historically
marginalized backgrounds and this position will focus on priorities
through the lens of equity and inclusion.
- Oversee COVID-19 processes, procedures and policies as they
pertain to students. This includes health screens, quarantine, the
vaccine registry, confidential record-keeping, collaboration with
academic affairs and residence life, and leading the institutional
COVID Task Force.
- Coordinate closely with Residence Life regarding Trinity Woods,
a new residence hall for moms with children. This is part of an
intergenerational joint venture opening in January 2022. This
includes marketing, the selection process, contracts, student
support, administrative oversight and programming to support this
- Collaborate on division-wide efforts and the institution-wide
student success framework.
- Administratively support the Vice President for Student
Affairs, Senior Director and Dean of Student Success with tasks as
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as
- Serve on pertinent committees, teams and taskforces as
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Master's degree is preferred, preferably in higher education or
related field. Bachelor's degree required.
- Understanding student success issues in higher education and
needs of diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability in managing difficult and complex
situations while multi-tasking.
- Exceptional organization, records management, leadership,
communication, and interpersonal skills, computer competence, and
knowledge of higher education.
- 1+ years of related experience is required.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times
of the year
- May need to complete work during evenings and weekends.
- In-person work (not telecommuting or remote).
- Complete work required within a limited space and time.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified
candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity,
equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from
qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information
or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire
and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its
mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at
Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.