POSITION TITLE: Assistant Vice President of
Institutional Effectiveness and Research
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Institutional
Effectiveness and Research plays an essential leadership role in
the execution and implementation of the strategic plan by defining,
developing, and integrating the data needed to guide
decision-making. The AVP is responsible for the collection,
analysis, and dissemination of data related to the College’s
mission, as needed for institutional planning, decision making,
policy formation, assessment and reporting and will serve as the
SACSCOC liaison. The AVP will also coordinate the College’s
planning and institutional effectiveness process.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline is required; doctorate
- Five (5) years of job-related experience.
- Evidence of data translation, advanced experience in data
management, statistical analyses and predictive modeling. Analyses
of short and long-term trends critical to strategic planning,
financial decision-making, and reporting to internal and external
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external
constituents of a diverse background.
- Proven ability to present detailed and complex data in
different formats and to different audiences.
- Advanced proficiency in relevant components of Microsoft Office
including Access and Excel.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw
conclusions; to apply statistical principles and processes to meet
a range of information requirements.
- Experience with standard external reporting expectations,
- Ability to provide accurate analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of the English language, including meaning and
spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches
- Ability to report findings succinctly in understandable
narrative, charts, graphs and/or tables.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively
with a diverse body of faculty and staff across multiple
- A detail-oriented, analytical self-starter who can manage
multiple projects of high importance.
- Ability to work with confidential materials/information with
integrity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and
- General knowledge of the College's mission, purpose, and goals
and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Provide leadership to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness
and Research, which provides a variety of statistical information
and is responsible for supporting executive decision-making and
institutional planning by providing the President, Provost, Senior
Administrators and Deans with timely information and data
- Support the work of decision-makers at all levels within the
College by tracking appropriate metrics and providing information
and analyses necessary to make data-driven decisions.
- Envision and lead the procurement and maintenance of
state-of-the-art data analytics, reporting and visualization
- Recommend institution-wide remedies to assure that high quality
data is gathered for strategic decision-making.
- Meet the on-going planning and evaluation needs of the
- Evaluate business practices for efficiency, effectiveness, and
- Ensure that the College meets its statutory and voluntary
reporting requirements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Pair analysis with decision-making throughout the institution
to identify information needed for decisions that are consistent
with the College's mission and strategic direction and ensure that
decision-makers have ready access to that information.
- Utilize data to support the development of innovative programs
or services to identify emerging trends and recommend new
initiatives to grow the organization.
- Ensure that the necessary data is provided to drive the
College's efforts to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff,
- Work with other units on campus to guide, design, and conduct
research to support academic planning, decision-making, enrollment
management, accreditation, and program assessment in support of
increasing academic excellence and improving student-learning
- Establish partnerships with key administrative units on
- Work with other members of the leadership team to shape the
College's approach to integrating and using data from all major
units involved in database generation and management including but
not limited to Admissions, Information Technology, and the
- Maintain an on-going program of professional development
activity that ensures that the Office of Institutional Research and
Effectiveness remains abreast of current trends and best
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover
Letter, Current Transcripts, 3 Letters of
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Listening skills
- Team player