One position at the rank of Associate Professor / Lecturer
(Full-time). This is a 3-year position (renewable).
Starting from April 2022.
The successful candidate will teach psychology courses, including
Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Social Psychology,
Introduction to Cognitive Psychology. The candidate should be able
to teach courses connecting to major areas of studies offered at
iCLA, e.g., social media and psychology (marketing behavior). All
faculty members at iCLA will have administrative and research
We seek a highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate
educator to teach at the undergraduate level. Preference will be
given to broadly trained candidates with research and teaching
experience in Psychology and having intellectual interests and
background that indicate an ability to teach interdisciplinary
undergraduate courses and work in a highly collaborative
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
(1) Have academic teaching and research background in
(2) Hold a Ph.D. degree in psychology.
(4) Have taught psychology at the undergraduate level.
(5) Have taught or be able to teach the courses stated in “Content
(6) Be able to teach classes in English. Japanese language skills
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and academic
background and are competitive in the field. Benefits are based on
regulations of Yamanashi Gakuin University. Medical insurance and
pension are available.
2021/12/18 Deadline for receipt
Early application is encouraged since the search will close as soon
as a qualified candidate is found.
Applications should include (documents 2 – 5 are free
1) A curriculum vitae with a list of academic/research
accomplishments (on iCLA form which you can find here:
2) A letter of interest with your contact information (phone number
and email address)
3) A statement of teaching on psychology (within 500 words in
4) Major academic works relevant to the field of psychology.
5) Names and contacts details of three senior academic references
who can be contacted via email and phone.
6) Evidence of teaching effectiveness (course evaluations)
7) Proof of the award of a Ph.D. degree (copy of a diploma or a
certificate of degree conferral)
Applications should be sent electronically to this address: