We seek a highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate
educator to teach at the undergraduate level. Preference will be
given to broadly trained candidates with research and teaching
experience in Political Economy and having intellectual interests
and background that indicate an ability to teach and work in a
highly collaborative, undergraduate atmosphere.
One position at the rank of Lecturer Full-time (Nontenured).
This is a 3-year contract position, with the possibility of
renewal. Starting from April 2022.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
(1) Have academic teaching and research background in Political
(2) Have research achievement including the empirical analysis in
(3) Hold a Ph.D. degree in Political Science/Political
(4) Have taught political economy at the undergraduate level.
(5) Have taught or be able to teach the courses stated in “Content
(6) Be able to teach classes in English. Japanese language skills
The successful candidate will teach Political Economy and
Comparative Politics courses, including Classic theories of
Political Economy; Emerging Issues in Contemporary Global Political
Economy; Capitalism, Globalization, and Inequality; Political
Economy of Development. The newly appointed faculty will have a
regular workload of 6 courses per year (three each semester). In
addition, he/she will advise political science students in his/her
seminar courses. All faculty members at iCLA will have
administrative and research duties.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and
academic background and are competitive in the field. Benefits are
based on regulations of Yamanashi Gakuin University.
Full medical insurance, unemployment insurance, and pension.
Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work (deemed 8 hours a
day). 40 hours of work per week.
Saturday, Sunday, annual paid holidays. Occasional weekend hours,
with the possibility of replacement days off.
5,000,000-7,000,000 yen/year, according to experience and
2021/12/18 Deadline for receipt
Early application is encouraged since the search will close as soon
as a qualified candidate is found.
Applications should include (documents 2 – 5 are free
1) A curriculum vitae with a list of academic/research
accomplishments (on iCLA form which you can find here:
2) A letter of interest with your contact information (phone number
and email address)
3) A statement of teaching on Political Economy (within 500 words
4) Three major academic works relevant to the field of political
5) Names and contacts details of three senior academic references
who can be contacted via email and phone.
6) Evidence of teaching effectiveness (course evaluations)
7) Proof of the award of a Ph.D. degree (copy of a diploma or a
certificate of degree conferral)
Applications should be sent electronically to this address: