Assistant Athletic Coach
Position's Functional Title
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
· Administer daily medical coverage for respective collegiate
athletic teams. (practice and events). (10%)
· Travel with a sports team to provide care. (5%).
· Evaluation and documentation of athletic injuries. (10%)
· Provide training and information for the prevention and
recognition for common injuries/illness within athletic
· Administer preventive or rehabilitative treatment to athletes
engage in various university sports. (5%)
· Follow standing order reviewed and approved annually by the team
· Oversees athletic training facility, including the maintenance of
equipment and the inventory of supplies. (5%)
· Mentor, supervise, and instruct athletic training student works
and/or clinical students. (5%)
· Establishes and maintains accurate records of athletes for
eligibility based on physical examinations, reports concerning
accidents, injuries, treatments, and physician referrals.
· Maintain a clean, effective, and efficient athletic training
· Ensure timely and proper communication to appropriate parties.
· Adhere to all CCAC and NAIA athletic training by laws, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures. (5%)
· Equip each team with appropriate medical supplies. (5%)
· Follow up with athletes and coaches to complete appropriate
reports for all accidents and file reports with insurance company.
· Work collaboratively with the team physician, head athletic
trainer, athletic director and coaches in providing technical
services and information for prevention and recognition of injuries
and emergency response. (5%)
· Promotes the university’s mission philosophy, vision and advance
the university’s professional image (5%)
· Follow BOC code of ethics and NATA best practices. (5%)
· Performs other duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer.
· Bachelor’s degree in Professional Level Athletic Training Degree
or Master’s degree in Professional Level Athletic Training
· Illinois licensed athletic trainer or able to apply for
· BOC certified Athletic Trainer.
· Master’s degree in Athletic Training degree or related Sports
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a list of three professional references with current
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s)
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Written Response to Interview Question 1