Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics
Position's Functional Title
AY21-22 Adjunct Faculty and ILTS 208 Tutor, Mathematics
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
The Division of Science, Mathematics, and Technology at Governors
State University invites applications for a part time adjunct
faculty position to assist Mathematics Teacher Education students
in preparing for the Mathematics 208 exam ( ILTS 208), required for
licensure for teaching in Illinois. The position is for the Spring
2022 term (with possibility of extension to future terms), and will
start in January 2022. At Governors State University, adjunct
faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching
responsibilities in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not
tenure-track, not a part of the faculty bargaining unit, and are
not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
1. Master’s degree in Mathematics or related field
2. Tutoring or teaching experience at the high school or college
level with a variety of courses, such as algebra, trigonometry,
geometry, calculus, and statistics
1. Familiarity with the Illinois math content test for teacher
licensure, ILTS 208
2. Teaching certificate in secondary mathematics
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * Do you have a Phd?
- Currently working earning one.
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the graduate level?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Written Response to Interview Question 1