Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor
Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
Temporary Position Category
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges.
In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of
qualified applicants for temporary part-time faculty (Adjunct)
teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed
basis and are on-going recruitment efforts. Applicants are
contacted/hired year-round for assignments based on college needs.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and refreshed every two
Applicants in this pool will remain active for two years. After two
years applicants will receive an email with information on how to
remain in the pool.
$41.27 to $100.50 per hour. Rate determined by education
requirement and type of assignment (lab/lecture/non
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
counseling services and/or teaching assigned classes under the
supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their
maximum potential in mastering course content; maintaining thorough
and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field;
maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics
appropriate to the professional position.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience,
or any Associate Degree and six (6) years of professional
experience.; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s
Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to apply under the “equivalent”
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must
attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum
qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample
letter and information on the
equivalency determination process .
Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete fully
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience
- considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the
application being disqualified. Graduate advising documents and
grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from
AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open
continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year-round for
assignments based on college needs.
Ending Date, if LTT
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur.
When education is a requirement for the position, official academic
transcripts from the accredited college/university must be
submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID
-19 protocol, please visit COVID -19
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Please indicate how you meet the educational minimum
qualifications for this Faculty position. Select the appropriate
- I possess the minimum qualifications for the discipline as
listed on the job posting. (Upload all appropriate unofficial
transcripts from an accredited college/university.)
- My degree title does not match the titles listed in the Minimum
Qualifications section of the job posting, but I possess an
equivalent degree and requestng an equivalency review. (Upload your
equivalency statement and unofficial transcripts.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Upload the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 or Equivalency Determination
Letter and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential