Full Time. Portland, Maine
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences School of
Medicine located on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean with a
clinical campus located in Portland, Maine, and corporate office in
New York City is seeking a unique individual who is trained and
experienced as an academic learning specialist.
Job Summary/Basic Function
Provide administrative leadership and management in support of
student academic success and retention. Develop and carry out an
academic support program for medical students at the University of
Medicine and Health Sciences School of Medicine’s Portland, Maine
campus. Collaborate with faculty and administrators in the Portland
campus to promote student success.
- Provide Student Academic Support to improve student learning
and retention by:
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and administration to offer
supplementary academic services to complement coursework and assist
in developing individualized plans for students, including
individualized academic counseling for students to promote student
- Design and conduct individual and group effective learning
sessions to improve student learning strategies and study
- Participating in program development and developing assessment
- Work collaboratively with academic advisors in organizing
comprehensive USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK preparation plans and
workshops for medical students.
- Compile and analyze statistics through a data management system
to evaluate and document the academic support services that
contribute to the success of medical students.
- Master's degree in related field (Health or Education
- 5 years of experience working with students as an academic
learning specialist to promote academic success.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and
- Well-organized and able to work independently, possessing a
high degree of initiative, creativity and motivation.
Salary range is from $60,000 to $ 75,000 (based on training and
Interested persons should send a recent resume and a cover
Dr. Jerry Thornton at email@example.com
and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website http://www.umhs-sk.net