Faculty Part Time - English - Intro to Comp, Comp I, Comp II
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Job Description Summary
This posting is accepting applications to establish a pool of
applicants for possible future openings. Salary commensurate with
The instructor is responsible for the coordination, planning,
preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction
and related activities during the day, evening, or weekend via
instructional delivery formats to include face-to-face, hybrid,
online, and remote. Face-to-face and hybrid classes may be offered
on any Prince George’s Community College campus. The instructor
must remain current in the discipline area and continually explore
teaching methods and strategies to engage learners, organize and
plan instructional content that accommodates diverse learning
styles, and devise appropriate assessment tools that monitor
student learning outcomes. The instructor is also responsible for
participating in related activities to include professional
development, academic advising, curriculum design.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent* with a minimum of 9 graduate
credit hours in English. Twenty-four undergraduate hours of English
may be substituted for the 9 graduate hours if the applicant has
taught English full-time at the high school or college level for
two years. (* Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more
of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may,
at the discretion of the Dean, be determined to meet this
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of graduate educational preparation in the
areas of anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of teaching and tutoring experience to
anticipated teaching assignment.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to
anticipated teaching assignments. Example: continuing education,
professional training and development, scholarly activity and/or
- Evidence of readiness and/or willingness to use technology in
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute
positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student
population and campus environment.
- Evidence of current theory and practice in the discipline.
Is Background Check Required?
- Degree from an accredited institution. Documentation of
experience and performance required.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching
positions. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an
offer of employment.
- Availability to accept teaching assignments during day or
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing
a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations
for applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree or equivalent* with a minimum
of 9 graduate credit hours in English? Twenty-four undergraduate
hours of English may be substituted for the 9 graduate hours if the
applicant has taught English full-time at the high school or
college level for two years.
- * Please describe in detail the extent and relevance of your
teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach day, evening, and/or
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching in online, remote, or hybrid
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my
application, resume or other attached documents.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3