Job Vacancy Announcement
Facilities Trades (Operations)
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$51,851 - $57,036/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Supervise plumbers. Responsible for planning, scheduling and
performing preventive and corrective maintenance on all plumbing
fixtures, equipment, components, and accessories including repair
and/or replacement of fire sprinkler components and
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and plumbing practices, methods,
materials, and equipment
- High School diploma.
- Master Plumber/Gas Fitter License from WSSC preferred.
- Backflow Prevention Certificate preferred.
- Requires four to five years full-time or part-time equivalent
experience as a master plumber.
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of
four to five years.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Supervise and evaluate staff.
- Prepares time and material estimates for repairs and/or
- Assists in the design, layout, and upgrade of new of building
- Assigns and performs general plumbing maintenance duties.
- Accompanies outside contractor personnel during their campus
- Maintains records of man-hours and materials used in
performance of duties.
- Oversees and performs emergency and routine repairs on
building, plumbing, fixtures, system equipment, components and
accessories and any other similar items.
- Supervises and performs scheduled preventive maintenance
- Supervises work performed by less skilled plumbing
- Assists in performance and repair of heating, ventilation, and
air conditioning components.
- Oversees and operates a variety of equipment and tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a personal computer and copier. Significant climbing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., extended standing and
Is Background Check Required?
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have four to five years full-time or part-time
equivalent experience as a master plumber?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type