Job Posting Title
Nursing Assistant (NA) Adjunct Professor
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In
addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and district office complex. The District office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources
Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an
inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students,
and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources
Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining
diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of
qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching
assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and
are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are
contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college
Assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend,
and/or off campus classes.
Adjunct pools are district wide. However, specific college hiring
information is provided below:
For American River College ( ARC ) campus, the adjunct faculty
member works under the supervision of the nursing director and area
dean. The goal of this teaching assignment is to support the
student in the clinical setting by assisting students to correlate
classroom content with the practical realities of the clinical
setting and increase students’ ability to problem-solve clinical
issues as a member of the health care team.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Supporting a learning environment that promotes student
● Innovative teaching that encourages life-long learning, critical
thinking, and engagement.
● Effectively working with diverse populations of students.
● Incorporating contextualized learning to promote student
engagement and understanding.
● Knowledge of trends and challenges facing community college
● Adherence to the Board of Registered Nursing guidelines.
Duties specific to the American River College campus:
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
offering clinical guidance and providing supervision to nursing
assistant students in a skilled nursing facility setting and in
collaboration with the Nursing Assistant Program Department
The instructional assignments may include day, evening, on-line,
hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree,
upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional
occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of
Teachers ( LRCFT ) contract
Article 2 (The initial
maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The adjunct faculty member, in collaboration with the full-time
College Nurse, shall be responsible for:
● Assisting students and employees in the effective use of health
● Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of public health nursing
materials, methods and procedures.
● Maintaining high standards of professional conduct and ethics
appropriate to an individuals professional position.
● Fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a faculty member
as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
● Assuming other duties as assigned by the area administrator of
Student Health Services.
● Assessing and evaluating the general health status of students
and staff, focusing on prevention, recognition and early treatment
● Performing appropriate and evaluative techniques and screenings,
such as blood pressure, tuberculin skin, etc.
● Providing confidential health counseling for students and college
personnel with referral to appropriate resources within the college
or community as appropriate.
● Maintaining liaison with community health agencies and use these
health services resources for students and staff through an
organized referral system.
● Protecting the wellbeing of the LRCCD community through
prevention and control of communicable diseases.
● Maintaining standards and procedures for first aid care; provide
appropriate first aid care as necessary on campus.
● Supporting an ongoing program of health education for the college
community through classroom presentations, bulletins, newsletters,
seminars and workshops.
● Assisting in maintaining a safe and healthful college environment
by identifying hazards and recommending safety improvements.
● Completing duties as assigned by the supervisor including
preparing reports, attending meetings, working with advisory
committees and other related duties.
● Working with other college departments to meet the health needs
of the campus community, including such services as emergency
response, program-mandated immunizations, and educational programs
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited
institution, AND two years of nursing experience with no less than
one year in providing direct patient care and services to
chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital,
skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care,
hospice care or other long-term care setting; OR have an
associate’s degree in Nursing; AND three years of nursing
experience with no less than one year in providing direct patient
care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an
acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care
facility, home care, hospice care or other long-term care
2. A valid current California license as a licensed vocational
nurse ( LVN ) or registered nurse (RN).
3. Must hold and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates,
etc., as needed for an external agency accreditation.
4. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach
details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District
adjunct faculty posting are required to complete fully and
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating
completed or conferred date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation (if using Interfolio, please send
attachments to HR@losrios.edu)
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents listed
above will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on
the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work
at an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and
other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Please see LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Faculty Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously
and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based
on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
information on how to apply online with our District. Application
services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday
through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human
Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA
95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the
application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during
our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as
listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from
an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for
this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have
attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime