Photography Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
- Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 19, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art, Design & Graphic Arts, Other Arts, Communications, Film & Video, Health & Medicine, Dentistry
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Title
Photography Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool
Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
Temporary Position Category
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for temporary part-time faculty (Adjunct) teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts. Applicants are contacted/hired year-round for assignments based on college needs. Adjunct pools are open continuously and refreshed every two years.
Applicants in this pool will remain active for two years. After two years applicants will receive an email with information on how to remain in the pool.
$38.21 to $95.42 per hour. Rate determined by education requirement and type of assignment (lab/lecture/non lecture/substitute). LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding the minimum degree requirement may start at a salary lower than posted above.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- Have a master’s degree in Photography, Fine Arts, or Art; OR, Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Fine Arts, or Art and Master’s in Art History or Humanities; OR, the equivalent.*
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
* NOTES :
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement. Please visit our website for information on, and a sample letter for, the equivalency process.
Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience
- considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified. Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here .
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Ending Date, if LTT
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19 Updates.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert