Public Safety Officer - Part Time
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 17, 2021
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Responsible for campus public safety services as directed on assigned shift.
High school diploma or GED required plus a minimum of one year of police officer or security experience, preferably in an educational environment. The following may be substituted for one year of security experience:
- An Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or a related field
- Two years of active military service with an Honorable Discharge; or three years of full-time employment as a paid firefighter, in good standing.
- Demonstrated written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Applicant must embrace the philosophy of providing quality service to the students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license with a responsible driving record is required.
- Ability to obtain certification for first aid and CPR training;
- Demonstrated sound judgment and sufficient dexterity and agility to assist others during possible emergencies;
- Knowledge of radio communication procedures is preferred
- Fire safety and HAZMAT training preferred.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Patrol by foot, vehicle, or bicycle, buildings, and grounds in accordance with patrol policies.
- Check for and report violations of traffic, fire, and safety regulations as well as all conditions that could result in loss or injury to CCBC constituents and /or loss/damage to college property.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of all crime incidents and accidents reported or observed.
- Escort unauthorized persons from college property. Notify local law enforcement and emergency agencies when assistance is required on campus.
- Direct traffic and enforce parking regulations on campus property and direct pedestrian traffic at crosswalks during special events.
- Respond to hazardous material spills and provide initial containment services.
- Administer first aid and arrange for evacuation and/or transportation of sick or injured persons.
- Respond to all fire and entry alarms and handle as appropriate.
- Respond and handle appropriately all calls for service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Assistant Director, Sergeant, or Corporal Department of Public Safety.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert