Dispatcher, Public Safety - Part Time
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 17, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Other Communications, Professional Fields, Security Studies, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Responsible for performing public safety communications and related clerical duties to support college wide communications, in a centralized dispatch center.
Must be 18 years of age or older, with a High School Diploma or GED and two years clerical and related experience. Must submit to and successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation. Prior experience as a dispatcher, police officer or fire fighter preferred.
Class Specific Essential Duties
1. Operates emergency telephones, two-way radios, telecommunications and computer terminal equipment, closed circuit cameras, college and public safety databases, alarm and security systems.
2. Answers emergency telephone lines.
3. Monitors and maintains radio communications.
4. Receives and records information and requests related to police services.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert