Culinary Arts (Pastry Chef) Faculty – Adjunct (Days/Evenings)
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Pittsburgh Technical College ( PTC ) in carrying out the duties of
the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors,
professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership,
stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and
employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and
regionally accredited institution committed to higher education
excellence and focused on academic and professional success.
Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate
and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business,
Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and
Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems
and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics
Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates
in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking
Purpose of Job
• To teach coursework in the Culinary Arts, Pastry, and Baking
• To provide training and student support to produce graduates who
meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in the Culinary
• Associate degree required, Bachelor’s preferred ( in field)
• Certified Culinary Educator ( CCE ) or Certified Executive Chef (
CEC ) preferred but not required
• ACF accreditation as a Pastry Chef (preferred/not required)
• State Teaching Certification not required State Teaching
Certification not required
Minimum of four years full-time experience in food service
Preference given for prior teaching experience.
• Provide input on curriculum
• Support students
• Prepare students for entry level employment as cooks and other
kitchen related jobs
Other Job Information
• Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting
• Instructional time (based on 55 hour, 44 hour or 33 hour
• Preparation time
• Office hours and other formal and informal interaction with the
students; i.e., telephone, email
• Three hours per quarter of faculty meetings/in-service
• Eight hours of pre-service training is provided by the Center for
Teaching and Learning Department.
Adjunct – Hours will vary based on course(s) being taught
Starting Pay Rate
starting $41.00 per class hour
Full Time/Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of four years full-time experience in
food service industry?
- * Are you ACF accredited as a Pastry Chef?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation