Electrician Technology Instructor - Adjunct
School of Trades Technology
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Pittsburgh Technical College ( PTC ) in carrying out the duties of
the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors,
professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership,
stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and
employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and
regionally accredited institution committed to higher education
excellence and focused on academic and professional success.
Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate
and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business,
Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and
Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems
and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics
Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates
in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking
Purpose of Job
The ideal candidate will teach coursework in in Electrician
Technology program. They will develop curriculum, provide training
and student support resulting in graduates who meet entry-level
employment criteria for positions in Electrician Technology.
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Associate degree preferred in Electrical Technology or related
- State Teaching Certification not required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Minimum of five years’ full-time work experience in the
- Must have education and work experience to demonstrate
- competency to teach course work in electrical residential,
commercial and industrial construction, maintenance,
troubleshooting, instrumentation, controls, conduit bending and
power and lighting systems.
- Must be able to read, understand and convey blueprints and
associated building and construction documents.
- Proficient with and working knowledge of the National Electric
Code., NFPA 70E and Electrical Computations.
- Ability to use software programs (MS Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Electrician journeyman experience preferred or licensure.
- To teach Electrician Technology coursework to prepare graduates
for employment as skilled residential, PLC’s and commercial
- Prepare students to pass certification tests required in the
- Support students
- Prepare students for employment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
Other Job Information
PRE - EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS :
Must pass criminal background check prior to starting
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT :
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with
diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the
gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and
cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a
community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a
spirit of civility.
To learn more about DEI’s mission, vision, and values, Visit
Equity, and Inclusion webpage
ACCOMODATION STATEMENT :
Pittsburgh Technical College ( PTC ) is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ), PTC
does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students
with qualifying disabilities. PTC will provide reasonable
accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee
with a disability. To request reasonable accommodation, please
WORK SCHEDULE :
Adjunct – Hours will vary based on course(s) being taught (
DAYLIGHT and NIGHT - TIMEHOURS NEEDED ) 7:00am to 9:30pm
WORKING CONDITIONS :
Starting Pay Rate
- Equipment used includes desktop or laptop with Microsoft
Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work generally performed in a climate-controlled office with
minimal exposure to safety hazards
starting $41.00 per class hour
Full Time/Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach all required documents and answer all
pre-qualification questions on application.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have an Associates degree in Electrical Technology or
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency with and working
knowledge of the National Electric Code., NFPA 70E and Electrical
- * Do you have a minimum of five years’ full-time work
experience in the electrical field?
- * Are you available to work during daylight hours?
- * Are you available for work evening hours?
- Please list your areas of expertise in software:
(Open Ended Question)
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Do you have at least 4 years of related work experience?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation