Grants and Contracts Specialist
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Research and Innovation
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Sponsored Projects Accounting
- This position supports the management of sponsored projects and
performs a wide range of technical accounting analysis and
reporting within assigned areas of TAMU-CC sponsored research
administration. This position provides direct support to Grant
Administrator personnel in the Office of Sponsored Research
Sponsored Projects Compliance
- Demonstrates knowledge of generally accepted accounting
- Provides support, guidance, and expertise to faculty and staff
regarding issues related to post-award research
- Under general supervision, performs and achieves results with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Enters new and updates project information in Financial
Accounting Management Information Service (FAMIS) including
preparing budget entries.
- Ensures necessary accounts are set up for cost sharing and
monitors and reports cost-sharing as required to
- Prepares financial reports for Federal and State agencies as
well as for TAMU-CC faculty and staff.
- Reconciles cost-reimbursable invoices to back-up documentation
to ensure expenses are reported in compliance with the project
budget, with regulations stipulated by the granting agency and in
accordance with TAMUS and TAMU-CC's fiscal policies and procedures.
Prepares sponsor required invoice forms as needed.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable collections.
- Assists with development of revised budget requests and
completes sponsor forms as required.
- At the end of a project, ensures completion of the close-out
module in Maestro. This includes preparing the Facilities &
Administrative Costs reconciliation, coordinating with departmental
research administrators to ensure encumbrances are cleared and
documenting any expenses that post after project end
Sponsored Projects Administration
- Reviews and approves financial transactions on sponsored
projects to determine if the expenses are allowable, allocable and
reasonable. This includes purchase requisitions, travel requests,
travel expense reports and PCard purchases. Reviews and approves
vendor invoices as needed.
- Reviews and approves Payroll Costing Allocations for accuracy,
while monitoring Key Personnel level of effort to ensure compliance
with OMB 2 CFR 200.
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted in accordance
with sponsor agreements.
- Assists with federal and state and TAMU System audits and
program reviews related to sponsored projects, including single
audit requirements under OMB 2 CFR 200 subpart F.
- Serves as backup to other post-award staff.
- Assists in records management of sponsored project files,
including University retention period regulations.
- Supports the hiring and management of student office
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Degree in Accounting.
- Direct experience in research administration, preferably in
higher education or government.
- Experience with federal, state and sponsor regulations and
policies related to research administration.
- Professional designation of Certified Research Administrator
(CRA) or Certified Financial Research Administrator
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Grants-and-Contracts-Specialist_R-044152