Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach/Facilities Assistant
Athletics and Physical Education
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus. Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination
policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees except
for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant
Men's Lacrosse Coach/Facilities Assistant. This is a full-time,
benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to
the Head Men's Lacrosse Coach and the Associate Athletics Director
for Facilities and Events. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or
late evening hours are required.
The successful candidate will
assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive and inclusive
NCAA Division III men's lacrosse program including, but not limited
- On-field instruction for practices and games.
- Creation of practice plans.
- Player and team development.
- Academic monitoring.
- Game strategies and competitive coaching.
- Scouting opponents and game film preparation/video
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes.
- Budget management.
- Team travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for facilities and events include: Assisting the
Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities & Events in the
administration of all departmental facilities, uniforms and
equipment, and event management, including but not limited to:
- Game site management including pre-game set-up and cleanup for
home athletics contests and oversight and training of student
- Assistance with laundry and equipment during break
- Occasional building and desk supervision of the Athletics &
Fitness Center (AFC).
- Identifying maintenance and repairs items as necessary.
- Other facilities duties as assigned.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in
compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar
College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or playing experience at the
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is necessary but can be
obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a
background check are mandatory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
two or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral
communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the
Division III philosophy.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2172.