Position Summary: The Public Safety Officer provides a
professional security presence on campus to promote and ensure the
safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff and
- Primarily assigned to Caroline Hall Front Desk with additional
- Responsible for monitoring front entrance and cameras, staffing
front desk, monitoring guest protocols, assist RAs with dorm rule
enforcement, answer phone, monitor fire alarm panels.
- Conducts regular foot and motor patrols of campus buildings and
grounds, performs lock and unlock function, checks for unauthorized
use, signs of criminal activity and enforces university
- Conducts regular checks of parking lots, enforcing parking
regulations and checking for signs of criminal activity.
- Acts as first contact for after-hours physical plant and
- Responds to and helps with incidents involving suspicious
persons, medical emergencies, disturbances, fire alarms,
trespassers, and other security-related calls.
- Prepares shift, incident, and injury reports as
- Interacts with various offices within the university as well as
- Performs security desk responsibilities if needed.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Previous law enforcement,
campus safety or security experience is strongly recommended.
- Must have good driving record and be insurable under the
University's insurance carrier.
- Abilities and skills to deal with emergencies.
- Ability to react calmly and responsibly in emergency
- Ability to exercise good and appropriate judgement in dealing
with incidents involving potential damage to life or property.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and possess general computer
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to become CPR/AED certified.
- Experience and understanding of current issues and developments
in higher education.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be
able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary
students, employees, and visitors.
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend and stoop.
- Must sit, walk, or stand.
- Some repetitive motion may be required.
- Scheduled 16 - 24 hours a week. Available days are Friday 11PM-
Saturday 7AM, Saturday 11PM-Sunday 7AM, Sunday 11PM-Monday 7AM.
Some flexibility in scheduling.
- 12-month position with extra hours available throughout the
- Weekends and some holidays required.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times
of the year.
- Complete work required within a limited space.
- Complete work required within a limited time.
Mount Mary University encourages
applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed
to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and
encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by
law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a
positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at
Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.