Adjunct Associate Professor, Nursing
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Health and
Fitness, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Nursing teaches
organized classes primarily in the Nursing discipline(s); the
primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in
the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the
- Instruct courses in Nursing in accordance with credit course
outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline
knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate
the progress of each student and notify students in need of
counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student
learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review,
modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in
order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and
community groups to provide programs, courses, and information
relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks,
audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student
evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports
by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide
activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex
activities each semester.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean
and as outlined in Board Policy.
BOARD OF REGISTERED NURSING REQUIREMENTS
- Master's in nursing OR Bachelor's in nursing AND Master's in
health education or health science OR the equivalent OR the minimum
qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever
- Sensitivity to and demonstrated success teaching in a diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic
environment such as a community college.
- Meet the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students.
- Possession of a valid, current license as a Registered Nurse in
the state of California.
- At least one year of experience within the last five years as a
registered nurse providing direct patient care or clinical
instruction in the area of medical/surgical nursing.
- At least one academic year of experience teaching nursing
courses in pre-or post-licensure registered nursing programs or a
course from an accredited college or nursing school which includes:
teaching strategies, course outline and lesson plan development,
practice teaching and evaluation.
- Meets the California Board of Registered Nursing definition of
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses in nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and
techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and
techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching
techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia
hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline
specific courses and/or programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and
industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the
needs of the community.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in Nursing.
- Clinical experience in mental health, obstetrical or pediatric
- Expertise in use of computers for teaching and management of
on-line course information.
- Experience in evaluation of clinical performance of health care
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated
commitment to promoting the success of all students in an
open-access learning environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach
community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures,
preparation, learning styles and/or disabilities.
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to
innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty
responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management
of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a
distance learning environment.
- Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
- Ability to teach in a large lecture format.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community
groups and schools in order to coordinate the educational program
with the needs of the community.
- Completion of a course that includes teaching and learning
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57.7
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 87.88
- External Opening Date: Sep 10, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual