Performing Arts Technician
Other, Performing Arts
The Performing Arts Technician provides recurring technical support
for rehearsals and performances at The Weis Center for the
Performing Arts and occasionally support at events sponsored by The
Weis Center for the Performing Arts at other venues such as The
Campus Theatre. With technical knowledge, the Performing Arts
Technician pool provides all manner of production services
including lighting, audio, video, rigging, staging, stage
management, occasional front-of-house assistance, and other duties
as requested. This position assists with productions spanning
multiple genres such as music, dance, theater, and lectures.
Performing Arts Technicians are expected to provide excellent
support and services to students, faculty, staff, and external
clients. They will be directed by the full-time staff to exceed
client expectations in a supportive and helpful manner.
This is a part-time, casual position and will be scheduled to work
on an as needed basis to coincide with Weis Center events.
- Support the direction of the Weis Center Technical Director and
- In preparation for events, the technician provides setup
support of staging elements, including chairs, stands, platforms,
risers, audio and lighting equipment, and musical
- The technician participates in load-in, setup, and load-out of
- Depending on the needs of the show, the technician may help
support the setup and operation of technical equipment, including
the lighting console, audio console, focus of lighting fixtures,
running audio lines, projections, and any additional audio-visual
requirements as required.
- During rehearsals and performances, the technician may serve
multiple functions depending on each event's needs, including but
not limited to: deckhand, stage manager, lighting console operator,
audio console engineer, or event assistant.
- Technicians help maintain a safe and compliant environment,
which meets the OSHA and University requirements for worker,
performer, and patron safety. The technician ensures that all stage
elements are secure and safe.
- Technicians understand that the expertise level of the
presenters varies, and is capable of being flexible as well as
supportive throughout all phases of the production
- While most events occur at The Weis Center, the candidate must
be capable of supporting conventional and non-conventional venues,
i.e. outdoor or multi-purpose spaces, throughout the
- Willingness to offer front-of-house support and assistance as
- Actively contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and
- Other duties as requested
- Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule,
including early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and long
- Experience in technical performing arts operations, preferably
in a University setting or comparable experience in the live event
- Experience and understanding of at least one of the following
production elements: lighting systems, audio reinforcement, and
Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and safely handle rigging
needs at Weis Center. Ability to stay on feet for extended periods
of time when necessary to complete tasks.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496794/performing-arts-technician