University of St. Thomas
Nesti Center for Faith and Culture
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic
University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and
intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in
Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas
Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for a
full-time Assistant Director for Educational Programs. This
position reports directly to the Director of the Donald S. Nesti
CSSp Center for Faith and Culture (NCFC).
The Assistant Director for Educational Programs for the Nesti
Center for Faith and Culture (NCFC) is responsible for recruitment,
advising, animating and supervising the MAFC students and for
cultivating relationship with adjunct professors of the
- Recruit new students, interview applicants, and propose those
for admission to the NCFC Director for approval.
- Work closely with the NCFC Director to review and award
- Coordinate on going formation initiatives of the NCFC, in
consultation with the Director, including but not limited to the
formation of lay leaders in the MAFC and Family Life Community
Partnership Certificate programs.
- Oversee student academic advising
- Certify degree requirements for graduation of students in the
- Oversee the meeting of all accreditation standards
- Maintain program assessment and any compliance
- Maintain all files on current and past MAFC students
- Maintain on file copies of syllabi and final examinations for
all courses taught by the department/program
- Review periodically the curriculum of the MAFC Program and
Family Certificate Program in coordination with the Director of the
- Review the library holdings in the faith and culture area and
make recommendations to the Librarian for acquisitions
- Coordinate retreat for student cohorts.
- Coordinate various MAFC-related activities with other
departments of UST and GST.
- Oversee all aspects of the Rome-Centro Pro Unione course in
coordination with the UST Study Abroad Office.
- Develop and manage all marketing and recruiting activities and
plans related to the MAFC program.
- Schedule and direct Open House sessions.
- Coordinate various conferences and oversee the administration
and delivery, as assigned.
The Assistant Director must be a practicing Roman Catholic in
good standing with the Church
Education - A Master's Degree in Theology,
Religious Studies, Religious Education or related fields is
required. A doctorate level degree is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in an administrator
capacity responsible for program and project management,
implementation, and outcomes.
- Prior work experience in college-level admissions, advising,
financial aid, Registrar's Office or related duties is
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and
written, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative style with faculty and staff
of the university, archdiocesan staff, various parish contacts, and
others in the community at large.
- Must be well organized, multi-task oriented, and work with a
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.