Haverford College invites applications to our available full time,
exempt (at least 37.5 hours per week), benefit eligible Associate
Director of Employer Relations in the Center for Career and
The College is seeking an innovative, independent and motivated
person to join our team to manage all aspects of employer
partnerships, engagement and recruiting strategies. Set strategic
goals. Market, organize, implement, and oversee all activities
related to employer and graduate program recruitment of students
and alumnae/i for jobs and internships, including the Recruiting
Program serving students. The major focus is devoted to employer
outreach and ongoing relations. Organize Career Fairs and Interview
Days on campus and virtually annually, and plan information
sessions, workshops, and career panel. Maintain active recruiting
relationships with consortial partner including Tri-College
Recruiting Consortium and the Selective Liberal Arts Consortium.
Support office in all activities related to its mission.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage the career center's recruiting program, including
employer information sessions, interview schedules, meet ups, and
other special events connecting students to employers.
- Proactively foster relationships between employers, including
alumni and parents, and the College through individual meetings at
employers' workplace, through personal phone calls and electronic
communications to develop new and enhance job and internship
opportunities for students and alumni.
- Conduct proactive outreach to alumni to advocate stronger
engagement with their organizations
- Meet weekly with Bryn Mawr College's Career and Civic
Engagement Center and Swarthmore College's Career Services,
organize Tri-College Recruiting Program including on campus
interviews, information sessions, Career Fairs, Showcases, meetups,
and resume referrals.
- Work closely with Alumni & Parent Relations and
Institutional Advancement to cultivate and develop relationships
with alumni, parents and other members of the College
- Help develop and implement an employer engagement strategy that
will focus on stronger relationships with organizations recognized
for DEI efforts and expand opportunities for students from
- Maintain online recruiting systems, using Handshake (approving
jobs, creating schedules, interviews) for both Haverford and the
Tri-Co. Oversee job postings, Keep up-to-date on the vendor
- Requires some travel to cultivate recruiting relationships with
- Organize and implement innovative programs to engage new
employer and alumni partners in Recruiting Program.
- Use social media and other creative ideas to promote the
Recruiting Program and the College to employers.
- Conduct workshops to orient students to on-campus recruiting
and interviewing procedures, techniques and ethics.
- Oversee the use, training, and policies for Handshake, our
online career management system, and work closely with Bryn Mawr
College and Swarthmore College with the Tri-College consortial
module of Handshake.
- Organize the Tri-College Recruiting Day, STEM Recruiting Day,
Selective Liberal Arts Consortium Recruiting Days, Techtober and
assist with other consortia signature events.
- Organize and implement all logistics of the On Campus
Recruiting Program including Information Sessions, On Campus and
Virtual Interviews, and Resume Referrals.
- Serve as liaison to Selective Liberal Arts Consortium for Off
Campus city based and video interviewing opportunities for
students. Assist in planning of interview days.
- Plan and facilitate career-related programming such as
Interviewing from the Employers' Perspective, Orientations for
students, Career Exploration Visits, Case Interview Workshops and
- Provide content to the CCPA newsletters. Collaborate with and
help supervise the CCPA Program Coordinator who helps to create and
send target emails in order to advertise job/intern opportunities
and programs. Create and send target emails, when needed.
- Produce and annually update a Recruiting Strategic Plan.
- Provide budget management for Tri-Co funding and Selective
Liberal Arts Consortium funding.
- Maintain and update Student and Employer Recruiting Policies
for Haverford and the Tri-Colleges.
Reports and Surveys
- Take the lead on and work closely with the Dean of Career and
Professional Advising and Program Coordinator to annually produce
the office Annual Report.
- Create surveys to get feedback from students and employers
about the Recruiting Program, as necessary
- Track trends in hiring practices, industries, and best
practices in recruiting.
- A small portion of time is devoted to career advising for
students regarding job and internship search during drop-in
- Review resumes and cover letters, when needed.
- Present related workshops.
- Conduct mock interviews, when needed.
Line of Report: This position reports to the Dean of Career and
Professional Advising, supervises the Employer Relations Student
Intern, and provides ongoing training to the Administrative
Assistant for Handshake, our online career management system.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- B.A. degree (Master's degree preferred) with an emphasis on
Higher Education, Student affairs, Human Resource management,
Advising, Business, Marketing or related field is required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in higher education, corporate
recruiting, business development, human resources and/or event
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to successfully
manage multiple programs at same time.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal
skills, and strong customer service focus for internal and external
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Ability to represent the College and the liberal arts in a
positive light to outside community. Enthusiasm for working with
liberal arts students and graduates and ability to successfully
articulate the value of a liberal arts education a must.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment
and work collegially with individuals of different backgrounds
- Must have experience with Excel, online systems, databases and
- Experience using data to set goals and to create reports.
- Experience using technology and social media. Familiarity with
career service management systems, specifically Handshake, is
- Flexibility and creativity in program planning a must.
- Must be comfortable with proactive outreach to employers and
- Strong marketing focus with creativity and ability to work well
in a team.
- Strong attention to details.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this
Special Requirements: All faculty and staff (including
contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College,
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of
vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted
as an accommodation or otherwise.
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its
direction):Up to three hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its
direction):Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or
outward away from body):Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Up to three
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary
position):Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with
legs bent at knees):Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully
flexing knees):Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while
resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain
stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift,
- Exposure Limitation :Never
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
To Apply : Interested applications are invited to submit an
application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and
contact information of three (3) references by visiting
. The application deadline is November 29, 2021. Failure to provide
the required documents may result in lack of consideration.
Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice,
and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status,
disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender
individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with
other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented
identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College
and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.