Full-time faculty counselor position available on the
Cattaraugus County Campus.
- Undecided student - begin pre-enrollment career counseling,
register student for first semester, create individualized program
map (Degree Works) and be assigned
- Guide into Career Community and continue discussion as needed
with goal of moving students to a program major by 2nd
- Assist student using a warm hand-off to faculty
- Assist students who move between
- Connect students to faculty/opportunities to learn about
- Member of assigned Career Community
- Registration for any student when faculty is unavailable,
program completion map will be used to guide
- Assist students with transfer
- Plan and participate in outreach events regarding transfer
- Member of SBU-PLUS
- Working with Coordinator of Advisement, develop summer
- Teach students how to utilize technology (e.g., Banner,
Blackboard, Degree Works, Starfish).
- Teach Life Career Planning course or Explore
- Coordinate and plan transfer training opportunities for
- Respond to students in crisis (mental health issue).
- Support students in addressing issues related to minor
stressors (e.g., time management, conflict with
- Meet with students identified as at risk (e.g., census,
Starfish referrals, 6-week grades).
- Serves as member of BIT team
- Develop and maintain connections in community, which support
student success (e.g., mental health, food, transportation).
- Connect students to internal and external resources as
- Collaborate with Campus Life to provide programming
opportunities (e.g., Spa Day, Title IX, mental health).
- Advocate for Title IX
- Coordinate with JCC’s Marketing a plan to ensure students are
aware of services available.
- Referral point for students in assigned Career Community
(Holistic Student Support).
- Oversee the P2P program college-wide.
- Participate in Open Houses, Orientations, and retention
- Maintain “Get Help Page” on JCC
- Member of Standing
- Assessment (course, dept, SLO’s, etc).
- Complete staff and adjunct
- Collaborate with Director of Counseling & Career Center to
Required: Master's degree in counseling,
student personnel, or related field. Minimum of two years
experience in higher education setting with advisement and
instruction as part of responsibilities. Oral and written
communication skills and group presentation skills necessary.
Competence with technology and commonly used software programs.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Commitment
to providing excellent customer service, problem solving, and
organizational skills. Attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred: Community college experience and
familiarity with Banner student system.
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications
and experience, plus excellent benefits package. Final candidates
are subject to a pre-employment criminal background
Please note that Jamestown Community College does not sponsor
Review of applications will commence immediately, and continue
until the position is filled. To apply, submit the following to
- Cover letter (please indicate the preferred campus)
- List of three professional references