Reports To and Evaluated by
Chief Financial Officer
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Knowledge of financial operations, laws, and terminology.
Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and operation
Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports.
Ability to monitor expenditures and maintain data.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
truth, compassion, fairness, responsibility, and respect.
Master’s degree in accounting.
Bilingual English and Spanish.
Under direction from the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible
for the operations of federal, state and local post-award grant
administration and related accounting duties; serves as the
appropriate principal investigator’s contact for grants and
contract accounting functions.
Specific Job Duties
- Performs grant-related post-award functions, including budget
and expense analysis, financial reporting, labor distribution
changes and associated communications with customers,
reconciliations, and re-budgeting; performs grant closeout
functions required by Grants and Contracts Administration and
sponsors including reconciliations, financial status reports,
zeroing out budgets, and final reporting; reviews general ledger
transactions to ensure accuracy and complete journal entries.
- Assists with time and effort reporting system, ensuring it is
complete and in compliance with applicable regulations; maintains
regular communications with departments; communicates with fiscal
contacts at funding source for problem resolution and information
- Supports the sponsored programs department in education and
training of principal investigators and administrators; assesses
needs and resolves issues of the principal investigator related to
grants accounting; performs analysis and support for projects.
- Collects and analyzes records of present and past operations,
trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative
commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues
- Maintains fixed asset records/module in Colleague.
- Maintains the recording of prepaid expenses to proper expense
- Assists with payroll processing and serves as back-up for the
- Maintain Athletic injury records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation (2)