Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement
Services, the Senior Director of Enterprise Application Services:
- Provides technical leadership, planning, and guidance for the
maintenance, implementation or upgrade of applications, and the
design and development of new applications or interfaces, which
will include a new CRM for the division (expected to be procured
within the next 12-18 months).
- Leads all activities related to the development and management
of applications that enable Advancement’s business operations.
Specifically, the Senior Director oversees and manages
installations, configurations, hosting, troubleshooting, technical
testing, upgrades, and integrations.
- Partners with staff who are the principal subject matter
experts to promote utilization/adoption of products.
- Drive efficiency and automation of efforts, within and between
systems, and innovation. The Senior Director will optimize the
connectivity and automation between disparate applications and
systems as well as with UB’s data infrastructure.
UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to
academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world.
Building strong connections with our 280,000+ alumni and donors
worldwide is critical to fueling UB’s future, which includes the
aspiration to be situated in the Top 25 of American public
universities. Through the $1 billionBoldly
campaign, the Division of University Advancement is
leading that charge by helping foster a new UB environment that
broadens opportunities for alumni engagement, capitalizes on
positive student experiences and builds philanthropic
Salary Range: $115,000-$125,000
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years programming experience in a multi-platform
relational database environment.
- Two years of management or other comparable experience with
proven ability to lead, manage, motivate, develop, and evaluate
professional IT staff.
- Experience in Oracle and SQL programming.
- In-depth knowledge of information architecture concepts,
knowledge of and experience in web architecture and web
applications, expertise with application integration, and leading
complex technology projects.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects at the same
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide
range of constituencies in a diverse community and with a
commitment to outstanding client service.
- Technical competency and curiosity.
- Ability to provide vision and enhancements to new and existing
- Ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and possess
a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and train staff.
- Ability to adapt to competing priorities and dynamic technical
- Demonstrated logic and analytical skills.
- A high degree of maturity and professionalism.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.