Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human
is a highly visible and confidential
position providing a variety of critical and professional
administrative support to the University’s active Human Resources
Department. Responsibilities include greeting visitors in a
friendly and professional manner, general filing, generating
letters, and designing and maintaining spreadsheets as
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge, Ability and Skills :
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and
employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring
processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate HR
- Provides administrative support to the HR department.
- Maintains the general HR voice mailbox and email box; regularly
checks and handles messages as appropriate.
- Orders supplies or materials for the department.
- Updates and maintains University organizational charts.
- Assist in pre-screen and/or reference calls as requested.
- Responsible for data-entry in both the Paycom and Datatel
systems; filing; copying and handling mail; compiling orientation
packages; greeting visitors; answering telephones/checking messages
for HR department and department calendar coordination.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings and seminars as requested.
- Work with Accounts Payable to process all department invoices
in a timely manner. Maintain vendor files showing payments.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as
benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee
recognition events, etc.
- Assists Director with all COVID operations including
maintaining database, contact tracing, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective relationship management at all levels of the
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and
adherence to HIPPA and other related federal, state, and University
employment law guidelines.
- Must be able to multitask in a highly productive
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, independent
judgment and be a self-starter while also being collaborative and a
strong team player.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague and Paycom systems
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.