Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services (Temporary)
- Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 16, 2021
Job Posting Title
Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services (Temporary)
Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
Temporary Position Category
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant in providing student services and information on college programs in one or more of the following areas: Admissions and Records, Call Center, and/or Matriculation. For a detailed job description for this position click here .
$18.27 per hour. LRCCD Temporary Classified Positions Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
This is an “as needed” pool. When a need arises at any of our locations, this pool of applicants will be sent to the hiring supervisor. Pool requests take place throughout the year.
Temporary employees earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours they work.
Typical Duties: Oversees students, peer assistants, and temporary staff; maintains confidentiality of information and materials; serves as a resource person to students and staff; develops forms for office use; and performs general office duties such as filing, maintaining records, answering the phone, and making appointments. Prepares periodic reports; provides assistance in coordination of budget requests and allocations; transmits data to the central district computer; and attends appropriate conferences, workshops and staff meetings as assigned. Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains student aides and temporary staff for registration, orientation, and office work; and maintains timesheets and tracks budget for student aides and temporaries. Perform related duties as assigned.
Admissions and Records (Typical duties plus): Distributes program information materials, catalogs and brochures; prepares and updates lists of information and resources available; answers routine questions regarding program requirements; and interprets program regulations and assists students in obtaining needed support services. Maintains bulletin boards, display racks, and other visual displays; provides program assistance to individual students, staff, and faculty; assists in performing high school liaison duties including participation in college day/night programs and routine visits to feeder high schools; and assists with business liaison duties including participation in Ed/Career Fairs and on-site registrations at our off-campus locations. Collects information about students using records and tests; assists in coordination of veteran’s benefit programs for students; and provides assistance in coordination and planning for activities in the Reentry/Women’s Center. Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives; generates and monitors bulk mail; and provides assistance in coordinating efforts for advertising (signs, newspaper ads, press releases, TV.)
Call Center (Typical duties plus): Intakes inquiries using phone and other current technology based systems to guide, advise, and direct students and general public to appropriate resources; maintains ongoing relationships with staff and administration to remain current with all marketing, academic components, and special events; coordinates problem resolution with appropriate departments; assists with coordination of call campaigns for recruitment, retention and completion efforts; guides students to complete application process, academic program selection, additional enrollment processes, and college visits.
Matriculation (Typical duties plus): Develops and distributes information packets to high school principals and counseling departments announcing each semester’s registration procedure. Distributes early application packets to high schools and at special events. Coordinates student retention project; coordinates phone calls for the purpose of recruitment/retention/persistence; keeps staff informed about enrollment management activities; answers tutoring questions and schedules student appointments with tutor; hires, schedules, oversees, and collects timesheets for all tutors; proctors make-up tests; may assist with DSP &S note taking, tutoring and test proctoring during summer session; logs hours of tutors and tutees; collects and evaluates information about students referred by faculty for early alert services. Provides students with assessment information and directs them to appropriate campus services; operates computerized assessment systems; scores tests using computer scoring systems. May assist with administering diagnostic, placement and specialized tests, vocational interest inventories, and aptitude tests, and proctor exams. Conducts assessment orientation sessions. Assists with large and small group orientations to the college; develops, coordinates, and delivers new student orientation presentations using PowerPoint; assists in producing and updating new student orientation video in English and other selected languages; works with counselors to develop their orientation presentations; and maintains database of student orientation information and attendance and posts on SARS .
To be determined.
NOTE : Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
To be determined.
Experience : Two years of experience in a student support services position or similar position with related duties.
Education : Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units).
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: One year of education is equal to 30 semester units.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete and submit:
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here .
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Ending Date, if Temporary or Interim
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19 Updates .
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand
and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I
understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if
required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position,
within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that
individuals who have completed college or university course work at
an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and
other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert