Financial Aid Clerk I or II (Series) (Temporary)
- Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 23, 2021
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Title
Financial Aid Clerk I or II (Series) (Temporary)
Los Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
Temporary Position Category
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Financial Aid Clerk I: Under general supervision of the assigned administrator, performs various duties requiring initial contact with students and their financial aid records. Operations and resources are well defined.
Financial Aid Clerk II: The technical level of the series. Assigned duties require extensive knowledge of policies, rules and procedures pertaining to financial aid. Duties are performed under general supervision of the assigned administrator.
For a detailed job description for this posting click here .
Financial Aid Clerk I: $16.20 per hour; Financial Aid Clerk II: $16.80 per hour
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
This posting is for a Job Series with different level positions, if called for a position, the hiring supervisor will notify applicants of which level position they are hiring for.
This is an “as needed” pool. When a need arises at any of our locations, this pool of applicants will be sent to the hiring supervisor. Pool requests take place throughout the year.
Temporary employees earn 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours they work.
Financial Aid Clerk I: Supplies information and advice to students seeking financial aid; and directs applicants to appropriate staff or supervisor after reviewing their needs. Assists students in figuring their budgets; helps students fill out financial aid applications; and checks applications for completeness. Makes adjustments to monetary amounts during awards process, provides applications for outside scholarships; and reviews progress. Generates reports from existing database using financial aid software or similar system, to run needs analysis and package Pell Grant for students. Sets up and maintains individual student records; and types correspondence, forms and reports. Trains and oversees the work of student assistants. Completes service work requests, requisitions, purchase orders, maintenance and supply requisitions; processes receipts for student loan checks and works the counter area. Performs related duties as required.
Financial Aid Clerk II: Supplies information to students seeking financial aid; and explains forms of financial assistance available to students. Directs applicants to appropriate staff or supervisor after reviewing their needs. Advises students seeking financial aid; generates reports from existing database using financial aid software or similar system, to run needs analysis and package financial aid for students; issues and explains verification forms and supportive documents; helps students fill out financial aid applications; provides applications for outside scholarships; and corresponds with students to obtain documentation. Reviews financial aid applications with students for accuracy and completeness; and completes student loan applications, student time sheets and other supportive documents. Reviews and processes financial aid awards with students; makes dollar amount adjustments during award process; processes loan receipts for student loan checks; and records financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records. Reviews and confirms students’ satisfactory progress; and assists students in figuring their budgets. Sets up and maintains individual student records; and maintains records on students receiving financial aid. Serves as lead person to other financial aid clerks; and trains and oversees student assistants. Advertises and updates information on outside scholarships. Types letters, award information, memorandums and reports; types correspondence, forms and reports; and completes service work requests, requisitions, purchase orders, maintenance and supply requests. Performs related duties as required.
To Be Determined
NOTE : Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
To be determined.
Financial Aid Clerk I:
Experience/Education: One year of general clerical experience preferably including six months of experience in a financial aid office OR one year of college level business and clerical course work.
Financial Aid Clerk II:
Experience/Education: Three years of increasingly responsible clerical experience preferably including one year of experience in a college financial aid office. One year of college courses may be substituted for one of the years of required experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: One year of education is equal to 30 semester units.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete and submit:
- A Los Rios Community College District Application
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.·
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here .
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Ending Date, if Temporary or Interim
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19 Updates .
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand
and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I
understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if
required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position,
within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that
individuals who have completed college or university course work at
an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and
other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert