Job Posting Title
Instructional Assistant - Chemistry (Temporary) (Extended)
Los Rios Community College District (American River
Science and Engineering
Founded in 1955, American River College ( ARC ) is one of the
largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region,
serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its
main campus and centers.
The College has an outstanding record for academic quality and is
among the top community colleges in the state for transferring
students to the University of California and California State
University systems. The College offers education and support for
students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and
certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and
achieve a career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC
also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs
in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business
and Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced
Transportation and Manufacturing, and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our
community through inclusive, equitable education. The College seeks
individuals who share our mission of placing students first by
providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires
critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible
participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity
of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and
social justice through equity-minded education, transformative
leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is
essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The
College seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive
practices and serving the ARC student population. Faculty and staff
are encouraged to engage in the ongoing development of their
professional skills. The College thus supports employee engagement
in a broad range of trainings, workshops, and activities such as
the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the
Classified Leadership Academy. Also, faculty and staff regularly
participate in trainings offered through the College’s Center for
Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, assists
faculty by working with students individually or in groups in the
improvement of academic knowledge and technical skill, and does
related work as required. For a detailed job description for this
Prepares demonstrations; proctors exams; and assists with records
and files test results in accordance with specific instructions.
Assists students in achieving workable levels of familiarity with
laboratory equipment such as balances, pipets, burets, calipers,
barometers and all chemistry laboratory equipment. Assists in
maintaining a collection of resource materials; assists in
maintaining computer databases and records of instructional
materials and equipment; assists in developing training materials,
including syllabi and visual aids; assists in recruiting and
training student help and temporary classified under supervision of
instructor; and performs related duties as required.
American River College is committed to employees:
- Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and
- Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement
regarding individuals and their cultural competence.
- Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy
of our care, time and energy.
- Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others’ perspectives
and lived experiences.
To be determined.
NOTE : Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for
more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in
any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
: One year of experience in educational or
commercial chemical laboratories. (One year of experience is equal
to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable
part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent
for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Chemistry
or 60 semester units (90 quarter units) with 18 units in chemistry
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and
understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12
months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable
part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent
for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education
Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30
units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$17.10 per hour
LRCCD Temporary Classified Positions Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning On (or About)
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to
apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any
phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during
regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received
the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID
-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be
fully vaccinated in order to:
- be physically present on District premises for an extended
amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or participate in District activities for an
extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or be inside a building or office
unless they receive an approved medical exemption or religious
All new hires must be fully vaccinated or receive an approved
medical or religious exemption within forty-five (45) days of hire.
Within seven (7) days, all new hires must show proof they have
received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a
one-dose vaccine, or have applied for a medical or religious
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please
COVID Vaccine Requirements
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime