Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are
responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum
learning environment, responding to student needs, managing
effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses,
modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism,
developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and
staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and
maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she
will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective
participation and interest in the total affairs of the
college The Adult Education Instructor's responsibilities
include providing instruction to Adult Education learners,
mentoring adjunct instructors, assisting with the development of
new program pathways and courses, and acting as one of the
instructional leaders of the Adult Education programs. This person
will report directly to the Director of English for Speakers of
Other Languages. This person will also assist with student
recruitment, orientation, follow-up, and other duties as needed for
the Adult Education programs.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Master's degree in Adult Education, TESOL or related field from
a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 3 years in Adult Education or industry training
- Experience with curriculum design, synchronous and asynchronous
- Second language acquisition experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and
- Community College Adult Education teaching or training
- Proficiency/fluency in a second language preferred.